This week we celebrated with the Australian Sports Commission and Canopi Online as we passed a milestone of 100,000 enrolled learners on the ASC Learning Portal.
We think this is a particularly significant milestone, few organisations can claim such support for online learning and in this case all learners enrol themselves in courses, so it makes the milestone even more significant.
Sport plays a very important role in the Australian community, and no more important is the need to have suitably qualified coaches and officials within clubs to foster the development of our children. So it is a great achievement that the learning portal is playing a part in the developing of the skills of 100,000 coaches and officials who volunteer their time to build better people and better communities.
Some key points about the portal include:
- It is one of the largest eLearning solutions in Australia, certainly the biggest in sport.
- It has the highest completion rates of learners amongst our clients.
- Over 15,000 of the learners are school children who do the course as part of structured school programs. This creates a pool of pre-skilled people who are more inclined to take up coaching and officiating roles when they enter their clubs.
- Learners come from over 6,500 different locales (towns or suburbs).
- Many sports have mandated the courses as part of their coaching and officiating programs.
We continue to track activity on the web site, and you can see how many users have now enrolled at https://learning.ausport.gov.au/countdown/. Each day, week day or weekend, on average over 200 users enrol in to a course on this web site.
There are new plans now for more course on the ASC portal, so we look forward to their continued success and perhaps even an acceleration of the enrolments over the coming years.