Happy New Year to everyone, with our local experience of flooding our thoughts are with the people in our region who are undergoing such trying times at the moment and we hope that the rest of the year holds more pleasant experiences. Last year was a great one for us with our projects spanning a broad range of users, some of the highlights were:
- The Essential Secondary Science Assessment online trial at the end of October . Over 30,000 year 8 students logged on pretty much at the same time, and people around the world watched the real-time graphs we set up to see student progress. Reports back from the teachers was that the kids actually enjoyed doing it and felt empowered by the experience. One of the benefits of the system is that, instead of having to wait for months for the results, they can be accessed the next day. It makes it all feel real when you meet a year 8 student, daughter of a friend, whose face lights up when she finds out that we are the team that made the exam she just did, it doesn’t get much better than that when you are making software!
- The milestone of 100,000 enrolled learners from over 6,500 different locales on the ASC Learning Portal - one of the largest eLearning solutions in Australia, certainly the biggest in sport, and now over 103,000 and rising each day. Over 15,000 of these are school kids who do the course as part of structured school programs. This creates a pool of pre-skilled people who are more inclined to take up coaching and officiating roles when they enter their clubs.
- We completed the Cybersafety project for ACMA, working with a range of experts around the country, proving that distance is no tyrant! The site is something we are all proud of, and we’re sure it will have an impact on improving ongoing Cybersafety awareness
- Moving to digital has been made smoother by another site we set up for the Department of Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy (DBCDE), which allows antenna installers to qualify online and maintains a registry of qualified installers and shops.
- We delivered exams in China for the Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance and also transformed their website, combining their legacy learning systems into one streamlined portal using Sitecore CMS
- Our LMS implementation for the New Zealand Defence Force moved forward with our installation of a ‘ship to shore’ functionality which enables their staff to continue their learning whilst at sea or deployment.
- David Jones chose Janison to deliver their online learning to all their staff, we’re proud to be associated with such a well-known and respected company
- The Rural Area Health Corps commissioned Janison to create a number of courses and to set up a portal for delivery into the remote areas of the Northern Territory
- Our partnership with Deloitte continued with the completion of their ASONE portal and the delivery of version 6 of the Deloitte Leadership Academy
- Janison released service packs 1 and 2 for LMS 7 which included support for the latest AVETMISS standards and SCORM 2004 support
Now we are looking forward to 2011, and a range of new exciting projects we plan to keep you up to date with as the year progresses.